Traditional Ballia Food
Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Ballia is complete without tasting the traditional Ballia food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Ballia to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Litti: is an appetizer made from dough stuffed with sattu.
- Baingan da Bhurtha: vegetable dish made of baingan (eggplants), tomato and onion.
- Chokha: sattu combined with different Indian spices, like garlic, ginger, coriander.
- Sattu paratha: or makuni, an Indian flat-bread, made with sattu filling.
- Tamatar bharta: is a kind of dip made from tomatoes.
- Custard: a dessert based on a cooked mixture of milk or cream and egg yolk.
- Kheer: creamy and sweet rice pudding.
- Bread rolls: are often used as sandwich bread, cut transversely, with fillings placed between the two halves.
- Bread Pakoda: it is made of some bread slices dipped in batter and deep fried in some oil.
- Fulori: is a dish of deep fried vegetables.
- Samosa: small, crispy, flaked, deep-fried pastries or dumplings.
Suggest new dish
<WikiThreadList forumid=31 />