Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Bucharest is complete without tasting the local food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Bucharest to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Ardei Copti Umpluti cu Cascaval: baked peppers stuffed with cheese.
- Brânză de burduf: caş (a type of Romanian cheese) and salt.
- Budinca de Ciuperci in Aluat: a pastry filled with mushrooms.
- Carnati in aluat: sausages in batter.
- Chiftelute din cartofi: potato balls.
- Ciuperci cu Maioneza: mushrooms with mayonnaise.
- Clatite cu Ciuperci si Sparanghel: pancakes with mushrooms and asparagus.
- Cocorada cu varza dulce: pastry stuffed with fresh cabbage.
- Drob de Ciuperci: mushrooms, eggs, onion, breadcrumbs, dill, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Friganele cu Verdeata: bread, eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic cloves, olive oil, salt.
- Mujdei: spicy Romanian sauce.
- Ciorbă de burtă: carrot, kohlrabi, parsley, celery and beef tripe.
- Ciorba de curcan: turkey soup.
- Ciorba de Dovlecei: courgettes soup.
- Ciorba de Orez cu Mazare si Piept de Pui: peas and rice soup with chicken breast.
- Ciorba de perişoare: sour soup with meatballs of minced meat, beef or pork, vegetables and herbs.
- Ciorba Taraneasca: beef, rice, onion, carrot, celery, parsley, potatoes, tomatoes, broth, water, cabbage juice, leek.
- Supa de Cartofi: potato soup.
- Supa de Fasole: bean soup.
- Supa cu galuste: soup with dumplings.
- Supa de Mazare: pea soup.
- Pomiţă: chicken breast, mushroom, cheese, olives, white grapes, oil, salt and pepper.
- Salată de Beouf: boiled carrots, boiled potatoes,parsley root, celery, chicken thighs or chest, pickled cucumbers, peas, oil, mustard, salt.
- Salata de cartofi: potato salad.
- Salata de vara: tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, bell pepper, radish, vinegar, olive oil, salt.
- Salata de varza cu rosii si marar: cabbage salad with tomatoes and dill.
- Salata de Vinete: eggplant salad.
- Salata forte: pork or beef tongue, eggplant, cheese, carrot, mayonnaise, bay leaves, black pepper and salt.
 Main courses
- Caltaboş: boiled and minced pork organs, stuffed in a pig casing. In some regions rice and bacon may be added and sometimes boiled and minced blood.
- Drob de miel: minced lamb organs, greens, spices, boiled eggs.
- Frigărui: skewered meat.
- Iahnie de fasole: beans, onions, carrots, spices, broth.
- Mămăligă: maize flour, boiled water and salt.
- Mititei (Romanian Sausages): beef (usually mixed with lamb and pork), garlic, black pepper, thyme, coriander, anise, savory and sometimes a touch of paprika.
- Moussaka (Musaca): lamb, eggplant or potatoes, tomatoes, onions, garlic, cinnamon, black pepper, spices and bechamel sauce.
- Pască: a type of Cozonac (sweet bread) with cheese.
- Plăcintă: a Romanian / Moldovan traditional pastry resembling a thin, small round or square-shaped cake, usually filled with a soft cheese such as Urdă or apple
- Sarmale: minced meat rolled in grape, cabbage or chard leaves.
- Schnitzel (şniţel): chicken, pork, veal or beef.
- Stuffed peppers ((Ardei Umpluţi)): bell peppers (or a similar species) stuffed with pork, rice, onion, carrot and spices.
- Tocana: a stew made typically from a combination of finely chopped pieces of meat (pork mostly) and onions.
- Tochitura Moldoveneasca (Moldavian Stew): pork, smoked sausages, bacon.
- Cozonac: a plain sweet bread made with flour, eggs, milk, butter, sugar and salt to which milk, sugar, eggs, butter and raisins are added.
- Joffre cake: a chocolate buttermilk layer cake.
- Koliva (Colivă): wheat kernels, honey, sugar, fruit. May also contain sesame seeds, almonds, ground walnuts, cinnamon, pomegranate seeds, raisins, anise and parseley.
 Fast food
 Street food
- Clatite (Pancakes): a mix of eggs, flour, milk and salt; mostly served with different sweet fillings or savory.
- Covrigi (Bagels): something like a bagel or a pretzel.
- Merdenele (Cheese pastry): phyllo dough and cheese.
 Drinks (Non-alcoholic)
- Must de struguri: grapes, sugar.
 Drinks (Alcoholic)
- Lichior de Ciocolata: chocolate liquor.
- Lichior de oua: eggnog.
- Vişinată: sour cherries, sugar, alcohol.