Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Cagliari is complete without tasting the local food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Cagliari to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Bottarga: Mediterranean delicacy of cured fish roe.
- Casu Marzu: traditional Sardinian sheep milk cheese, notable for being riddled with live insect larvae.
- Pane carasau: traditional flatbread from Sardinia.
- Pecorino Romano: hard, salty cheese, made out of sheep milk.
- Pecorino Sardo: firm cheese from the Sardinia island, made from sheep milk.
- Sanguinaccio insaccato: type of sausage made by cooking blood or dried blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled.
- Su Civraxiu: round loaf with a crispy crust on the outside and a soft white bread on the inside.
- Buridda: traditional Ligurian fresh fish stewed in tomato sauce with vegetables.
- Panada: soup composed of bread, eggs, beef broth and Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese.
- Sardinian Lobster Salad: lobster, tomatoes, celery stalks and any other fresh greens.
- Sardinian Rice Salad: rice, celery, however radishes or carrots may also be used.
 Main courses
- Agnello con finocchietti: lamb stewed with onions, tomatoes and fennel.
- Burrida: dogfish marinated in a walnut and garlic sauce.
- Culurgiones: Sardinian ravioli.
- Fagioli alla Gallurese: Gallura style boiled beans.
- Favata: pork stewed with dried fava beans.
- Ghisau: Sardinian beef stew
- Malloreddus: small pasts, served with tomatoes.
- Sa Fregula: small round shaped pasta.
- Spaghetti with Bottarga: spaghetti prepared with salted fish roe.
- Su Porcheddu: spit-roasted suckling pig.
- Uova alla Sarda: Sardinian hard-boiled eggs.
- Abbamele: honey-based dessert.
- Amarettus:baked cookies with pieces of almonds, sugar, flour and lemon peel.
- Caschettas: thin pastry made with honey, saffron, almonds and hazelnuts.
- Gueffus: round candies, made with ground almonds.
- Sanguinaccio Dolce: creamy dessert made with chocolate.
- Sebadas: fried sweet pastry with creamy sheep or goat cheese inside.
- Torrone: confection made of honey, sugar, and egg white, with toasted almonds or other nuts.
 Fast food
- Pizza: oven-baked, flat, disc-shaped bread typically topped with a tomato sauce, cheese (usually mozzarella) and various toppings.
 Street food
 Drinks (Non-alcoholic)
- Chinotto: non-alcoholic drink produced from the juice of the Citrus myrtifolia fruit and other herbal extracts.
 Drinks (Alcoholic)
- Amaretto: Italian sweet almond-flavoured liqueur.
- Campari Soda: Campari mixed with soda water.
- Limoncello: lemon liqueur.
- Mirto: liqueur obtained from the myrtle plant.
- Prosecco: wine made from grape variety Glera, which previously also was known as Prosecco.
- Vermentino: most popular white wine.