Cheesecake is a dessert consisting of a topping made of soft, fresh cheese on a base made from biscuit, pastry or sponge. The topping is frequently sweetened with sugar and flavored or topped with fruit, nuts, fruit flavored drizzle and/or chocolate. Cheesecakes can be broadly categorized into two basic types: baked and unbaked. Each comes in a variety of styles determined by region. In Vienna is famous the German style cheesecake, where the quark cheese is used. The Käsesahnetorte (cheese cream tart) adds cream and is not baked. The traditional cheesecake is delicious, and melt-in-your-mouth good. This recipe is sometimes translated into English using rennet-based cottage cheese, but a true recipe uses quark cheese made from sour milk.
 Photo Gallery
To add a photo, please follow this submit form.
 Featured Recipes
- What The Fruitcake?! - Threesome Cheesecake - Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- out of the frame: Raspberry Smores Cheesecake Recipe
- Table for 2.... or more: Japanese Cotton Cheesecake with Fresh Fruit Topping
- Turtle Cheesecake Bars | Louanne's Kitchen
- Green Tea Cheesecake | Hungry to Happy
- Raw Vegan Notella Brownie Cheesecake | Mandi's Alternative Baking Blog
- Clearly Delicious » Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Diabetic Friendly Cheesecake Recipe ~ Susie's Homemade
Home - Cheesecake of the Month - Black Forest Cheesecake, www.101cheesecakerecipes.com
Austrian Cheesecake, recipeland.com