Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Honolulu is complete without tasting the local food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Honolulu to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Garlic Shrimp: local shrimp cultivated on the North Shore of Oahu, with Scampi being the most popular.
- Loco moco: a tempting stack of white rice, hamburger patty, fried egg, and gravy.
- Kalua Pork, Poke, and Poi: slow roasted pork made in an imu (hawaiian for "underground oven") and seasoned with Hawaiian Sea Salt.
- Chocolate Haupia Cream Pie: chocolate custard and coconut custard pie topped with whipped cream.
- Malasada: Portugese donuts sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar or filled with any myriad of custards, the most popular being "haupia" or coconut custard.