Traditional Krakow Food
Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Krakow is complete without tasting the traditional Krakow food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Krakow to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Chleb prądnicki: traditional Polish rye bread.
- Kiełbasa: smoked sausage.
- Kopytka: potato dumplings similar to gnocchi.
- Krakowska: traditional Krakow sausage.
- Nalesniki: stuffed thin pancakes.
- Oscypek z boczkiem: cheese fried in bacon.
- Pierogi: fried dumplings.
- Placki ziemniaczane: potato pancakes.
- Barszcz (Borscht): a soup made of red beetroot, onions, garlic, and other vegetables such as carrots and celery or root parsley.
- Bulion cytrynowy „Zakochani w Krakowie”: Lemon bouillon „Kraków lovers”.
- Chlodnik: beetroot soup.
- Flaki: traditional Polish meat stew made with beef.
- Krupnik: barley soup.
- Kwaśnica: sauerkraut soup with meat.
- Wild mushroom soup: soup with mushrooms.
- Zurek: creamy rye soup.
- Zupa grzybowa w chlebie: mushroom soup served in bread bowl.
- Zupa pomidorowa: tomato soup.
- Avocado salad: salad with avocado and a variety of other ingredients, like tomatoes, onions, etc.
- Broccoli Salad: raw broccoli is always accompanied with diced onions and crispy fried bacon cut into stripes.
- Lettuce with salmon: salad with flaked salmon and lettuce leaves.
- Polish Marinated Beet Salad: canned beets, red onion, red leaf lettuce, golden raisins, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Potato salad: potatoes, meat and other in mayonnaise dressing.
- Rice with chicken: salad from cooked rice, cut chicken breast and a variety of other components.
- Bigos: meat and sausage stew.
- Carp in gray sauce: prepared especially during the Christmas time.
- Fasola po bretonsku: bean and meat stew.
- Golabki: stuffed cabbage leafs.
- Golonka: roasted pork dish.
- Kaczka z jabłkami: baked duck in apple.
- Kotlet schabowy: a Polish variety of pork cutlet coated with breadcrumbs.
- Maczanka krakowska: pork stew.
- Poledwiczka Krakowska: pork tenderloin Krakow style.
- Sauerkraut: fermented cabbage.
- Schab ze śliwką: pork loin stuffed with prunes.
- Żeberka w miodzie: pork ribs with sauce.
- Zrazy: collops with mushrooms and cream.
- Obwarzanek krakowski: traditional Poland bread pastry.
- Corn on the cob: cooked freshly picked maize.
- Gofry: waffles with topping.
- Zapiekanka: baguette sandwich with garlic sauce.
- Caffè espresso: a concentrated beverage brewed by forcing hot water under pressure through finely ground coffee.
- Inka: a Polish roasted grain beverage.
- Grzaniec: spiced heated wine.
- Slivovitz: plum brandy.
- Tatanka: made with apple juice and Zubrowka Vodka.
- Vodka: strong alcoholic beverage.
- Wódka miodowa: honey vodka.
- Żubrówka: bison grass flavored vodka.
- Zywiec: local Polish beer.
Suggest new dish
<WikiThreadList forumid=147 />