Traditional Los Angeles Food
Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Los Angeles is complete without tasting the traditional Los Angeles food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Los Angeles to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- California Roll: avocado, imitation crab or crab sticks, sushi rice, nori, sesame seeds or tobiko.
- Chimichurri: finely chopped parsley, minced garlic, vegetable oil or olive oil, white or red vinegar, and red pepper flakes.
- Crema Mexicana: heavy whipping cream and one of the following: buttermilk, crème fraîche, sour cream or plain yogurt.
- Crispy Taco: corn tortillas, ground beef, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, salsa, sour cream, and avocado or guacamole.
- Fish Taco: fried or grilled fish, tortilla, salsa, avocado, cabbage (or iceberg lettuce).
- Foie gras: duck or goose fat liver.
- Shrimp Taquito: tortilla, shrimp, lettuce or cabbage, pico de gallo, avocado and sour cream.
- Albondigas soup: soup with meatballs.
- Chupe de camarones: shrimp chowder.
- Clam chowder: chowder containing clams and broth.
- Cocido de res: beef soup.
- Lobster bisque: a smooth, creamy soup with lobsters.
- Onion soup fondue: unsalted butter, onions, beef broth, chicken stock base, white pepper, jack cheese, French bread, garlic toast.
- Pozole: a soup made with meat, usually pork, chicken, turkey, pork rinds, chili pepper, and other seasonings and garnish.
- Tortilla soup: soup made with tortilla chips.
- Bbq Chicken Salad: white chicken placed on a base of lettuce with a mix of vegetables and fruits.
- Cobb Salad: a main-dish garden salad.
- Chinese Chicken salad: lettuce, chicken, use of ginger and sesame oil in the dressing, and crisp pieces of deep-fried noodles.
- Shrimp salad: grilled shrimps mixed with vegetables.
- Skinny Caesar salad: Caesar salad with low calorie dressing.
- Spinach salad: spinach, boiled eggs, cheese and other ingredients.
- Sushi salad: sushi ingredients mixed in a salad.
- Cau Cau: potatoes, meat, rice, yellow aji.
- Beef Roll: rolled up beef baked or simmered in tomato juice.
- Green Corn Tamales: corn-based filling cooked inside a corn husk wrapper.
- Lengua: is the Spanish for Beef tongue.
- Pastrami on rye: pastrami, rye bread and vegetables.
- Donut: they are usually sweet, deep-fried from a flour dough, and shaped in rings or flattened spheres that sometimes contain fillings.
- Hot Fudge Sundae: ice cream, hot chocolate sauce, whipped cream, nuts, and a single bright-red maraschino cherry on top.
- Fortune Cookie: a crisp cookie usually made from flour, egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and oil or butter with a "fortune" wrapped inside.
- Frozen Banana: banana dipped in melted chocolate.
- Pinkberry Frozen Yogurt: a frozen milk-based dessert based on yogurt.
- Sea Salt Caramels: caramel desserts which are covered with bittersweet chocolate and topped with sea salt.
- Sesame Cream Puffs: circular shell of baked goodness, stuffed with a light pastry cream.
- Bulgogi Tacos: marinated barbecued beef, chicken or pork mixed with vegetables on a Mexican tortilla.
- California Style Pizza: single-serving pizza that combines New York and Italian thin crust with toppings from the California cuisine cooking style.
- Chicken Chili Fries: fries, chicken, chili, cheese.
- Danger dogs: hot dog wrapped in a piece of bacon, fried in oil and served on a bun with grilled onions and chili sauce.
- Dodger Dog: 10 inch ballpark frankfurter wrapped in a steamed bun.
- French Dip Sandwich: a hot sandwich consisting of thinly sliced roast beef (or, sometimes, other meats) on a "French roll" or baguette.
- Hickory Burger: ground beef, hamburger bun, onion, lettuce and barbecue sauce.
- In-n-Out Hamburger: lettuce, tomato, with or without onions and a sauce, which is called "spread".
- Monte Cristo Sandwich: fried ham and cheese sandwich.
- Meatball Sandwich: meatballs on a bun with vegetables.
- Oki Dog: two sausages on a flour tortilla.
- Pink's Hot Dogs: celebrity-named hot dogs.
- Potato chips: thin slices of potato that are deep fried.
- Abalone: edible sea snails.
- Antojito: Mexican snacks.
- Beef Cheek: facial cheek muscle of a cow.
- Chili Dog: hot dog in a bun covered with chilies.
- Corn Dog: sausage baked in corn batter.
- Pambazo: is the name of a Mexican white bread.
- Squash Blossom Quesadilla: tortilla, cheese, squash blossom.
- Thrifty Ice Cream: ice cream that comes in different variations.
- Ice Blended Coffee: different coffee recipes made in a cold version.
- Milkshake: a sweet, cold beverage made from milk, ice cream or iced milk, and flavorings or sweeteners such as fruit syrup or chocolate sauce.
- Shirley Temple: mixed drink made with two parts ginger ale, one part orange juice, and a splash of grenadine, garnished with a maraschino cherry.
- Smoothy: a cold, blended, fresh made fruit beverage.
- Thai Iced Tea: drink made from strongly-brewed black tea.
Suggest new dish
<WikiThreadList forumid=150 />