Traditional Luxembourg Food
Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Luxembourg is complete without tasting the traditional Luxembourg food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Luxembourg to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Kachkéis: Luxembourg cooked cheese.
- Bouneschlupp: Luxemburgish green bean soup with potatoes, bacon, and onions.
- Brennesselszopp: nettle soup.
- Gromperenzopp: potato soup.
- Choucroute garnie: sauerkraut with sausages and other salted meats and charcuterie, and often potatoes.
- Éisleker Ham: Luxembourg ham, a smoke-cured uncooked ham resembling Italian Proscuitto crudo.
- Fierkelsjhelli: suckling pig in aspic.
- F'rell am Rèisleck: trout in Riesling sauce.
- Friture De La Moselle: friture.
- Gromperekichelcher: potato pancakes.
- Gromperekniddelen: potato dumplings.
- Haam am Hée: ham steamed on hay.
- Heicht mat Kraïderzooss: pike in green sauce.
- Hong am Rèisleck: chicken in white wine.
- Huesenziwwi: Jugged Hare.
- Jhelli: pork in aspic.
- Judd mat Gaardebounen: smoked neck of pork with broad beans.
- Kriibsen: Crayfish Luxembourg Style.
- Kuddelfleck: Luxembourg tripe.
- Liewerkniddelen: liver dumplings.
- Mettwurst: is a strongly flavored sausage made from raw minced pork, which is preserved by curing and smoking.
- Moules à la Luxembourgeoise: Mussels Luxembourg Style.
- Moules Mariniere: mussels cooked in white wine, onions, herbs and tiny splash of cream.
- Pôchouse: fish stew.
- Rieslingspaschtéit: meat and wine pie.
- Stäerzelen: buckwheat dumplings.
- Trèipen: black pudding.
- Äppelkuch: apple cake.
- Boxemännercher: Gingerbread men.
- Butter cake: is a cake in which one of the main ingredients is butter.
- Fueskichelcher: are donuts sometimes filled with jam or chocolate.
- Kéiskuch: cheese cake.
- Miel luxembourgeois de marque nationale: is a honey from Luxembourg that is protected under EU law.
- Quetschentaart: plum tart.
- Verwurrelt Gedanken: a special pastry during the carnival season.
- Lëtzebuerger Grillwurscht: Luxembourgian barbecue sausage.
- Auxerrois Blanc: Luxembourg white wine.
- Battin: typical beer.
- Bofferding beer: beer brewed in Luxembourg.
- Crémant de Luxembourg: is made from the best types of vines of the Luxembourg Moselle region.
- Diekirch beer: Diekirch Premium, Diekirch Exclusive, Diekirch grande reserve.
- Eau de vie: is a clear, colorless fruit brandy that is produced by means of fermentation and double distillation.
- Elbling: tends to give musts low in sugar, and wines high in acid and fairly neutral in character.
- Gewürztraminer: is an aromatic wine grape variety that performs best in cooler climates.
- Henri Funck: Luxembourg beer.
- Mousel beer: beer name means, mousel is a river in luxembourg, they called the beer like it Mousel is a family name.
- Quetsch: plum liqueur.
- Simon Régal: is brewed with barley and spelt (a type of wheat).
- Viez: the Luxembourg word for a fermented apple juice close to cider.
Suggest new dish
<WikiThreadList forumid=152 />