Traditional Madison Food
Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Madison is complete without tasting the traditional Madison food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Madison to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Creamy Brick Spread: a mix of cheese and milk, served with bread or crackers.
- Grilled Sweet Corn: sweet corn, butter and salt.
- Potato Pancakes: potato mixture with onions and eggs.
- Pretzel (Bretzel): knot-like shape savory or sweet bakery.
- Wisconsin Bratwurst: sausage usually composed of veal, pork or beef.
- Wisconsin French Fried Cheese: fried cheese coated in egg and bread crumbs.
- Booyah: a mixture of veggies, stewing chickens and long cooking time.
- Dill Pickle Soup: chicken stock, veggies, pickles, milk, eggs and sour cream.
- Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup: beer, cheese and veggies.
- Coleslaw: raw cabbage, carrots, mayonnaise.
- Raw Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing: spinach, bacon, onion, garlic and dressing.
- Beer Battered Walleye: walleye, eggs, beer, cornmeal.
- Breaded Fried Fish: fish fillets, eggs, cornmeal, paprika, milk.
- Cornish Pasty: flour, water, potatoes, onions, round steak, butter, pepper.
- Holiday Wild Rice: wild rice seasoned with almonds, mushrooms and chicken stock.
- Jimbo's Tartar Sauce: onion, lemon, mayonnaise, sweet pickle, mustard, tarragon.
- Norwegian Meatballs: ground beef, pork sausage, eggs, onion, milk, cream of mushroom soup.
- Pork Hocks with Sauerkraut or Potatoes: pork hocks, sauerkraut, potatoes, butter, pepper.
- Prime Rib, Perfectly Medium-Rare: beef rib roast, garlic, onions, pepper.
- Schweinebraten (Pork Roast): pork roast, light beer, onions, garlic, pepper, basil.
- Steak, Wisconsin Style: beef, salt, pepper, butter-sauteed mushrooms, onions.
- Apple Kuchen: crust, Streusel, apples, cinnamon.
- Baked Lemon Pudding: flour, milk, eggs, fresh lemon juice, grated lemon rind.
- Banana Bread: bananas, butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla.
- Butterhorns: flour, butter, milk, eggs, sugar frosting.
- Cranberry Pie: cranberries, walnuts, flour, butter, eggs.
- Cream filling: milk, sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla, bananas, strawberries, pineapple.
- Cream Puffs: flour, butter, eggs, milk, whipped cream filling, powdered sugar.
- Hickory Nut Pie: crust, hickory nuts, maple syrup, butter, eggs.
- Maple Baked Apples: flour, sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, walnuts.
- Puppy Chow: crispy rice cereal squares, peanut butter, chocolate chips, powdered sugar.
- Schaum Torte: meringue-like torte, filled with fresh berries, ice cream and whipped cream.
- Corn Dog on a Stick: hot dog coated in cornmeal batter and deep fried in oil.
- Deep Fried Cheese Curds: solid parts of soured milk.
Suggest new dish
<WikiThreadList forumid=27 />