Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Minsk is complete without tasting the local food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Minsk to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Kishka: various types of sausage or stuffed intestine with a filling made from a combination of meat and meal.
- Mushroom caviar: made from minced mushrooms and shallots sautéed in butter, often with sour cream.
- Pauguski: smoked goose breast.
- Pickled cucumbers: cucumbers pickled in a brine, vinegar, or other solution.
- Syrniki: fried quark cheese pancakes, garnished with sour cream, jam, honey.
- Škalondza: a kind of round sausage made of pig stomach filled with pork minced with many spices.
- Veraščaka: thick meat gravy with pieces of meat and sausage.
- Borscht: a soup with beetroot as its main ingredient.
- Buraki (beet soup): a red borscht soup.
- Cabbage soup: a soup made with cabbage and other vegetables.
- Chaladnik Khaladnik (Cold Soup) Minsk Style: a cold variety of beet borsch.
- Gryzhanka (swede soup): soup made with vegetables and pork meat.
- Mushroom Krupienia with Millet (Mushroom Soup): a soup made with mushrooms, vegetables and millet.
- Okroshka: a cold raw vegetable soup.
- Yushka (Fish Soup): fish broth with addition of different vegetables.
- Beetroot salad: made of beetroot, may be combined with nuts, cheese, herring, garlic, etc.
- Belaya Vezha: a salad made in layers with boiled chicken meat, fried onion and mushrooms, pickled cucumbers.
- Belorussian cabbage salad: a simple fresh vegetable salad.
- Bliny: is a thin pancake with different fillings.
- Cutlets with garlic: is made of minced beef and pork meat.
- Kalduny: stuffed dumplings made of unleavened dough with different fillings, like meat, potatoes, berries.
- Kopytka: a kind of potato dumpling.
- Lazanki: a type of pasta dish.
- Pork stew (machanka): a stew of pork, usually with sour cream sauce.
- Potato babka: a potato pie made from grated potatoes, eggs, onions, and pieces of smoked, boiled or fried bacon.
- Potato pancake (draniki): shallow-fried pancakes of grated potato, flour and egg.
- Zrazy: meat stuffed with mushrooms, potatoes, vegetables, eggs.
- Apples baked with honey: stuffed with honey and berries baked apples.
- Cranberry kisiel: a dessert made from cranberries, sugar and potato starch.
- Dessert Klocki: a dessert made from boiled dough.
- Lasunak apples: boiled apples filled inside with creamy filling.
- Mienski Honey Cake: is a cake made with honey.
- Stewed dried fruits with honey: a dessert with fruits as the key ingredient.
- Byarozavik: the birch sap extracted from a birch tree.
- Kissel: a fruit soup made of juice, fruits, potato starch.
- Kvass: or bread drink is a fermented beverage made from black or regular rye bread.
- Krambambulya: made from spirytus, various herbs and honey.
- Kryshtal Etalon: a vodka distilled from wheat and rye.
- Mead: or honey wine is an alcoholic beverage that is produced by fermenting a solution of honey and water.
- Minskaya Kristall: the flagship vodka distilled by Minsk Kristall, the leading vodka company in Belarus.
- Olivaria beer: one of the most recognized beers in Belarus.
Suggest new dish
<WikiThreadList forumid=73 />