The mushroom soup is a great choice of a traditional British dish that is extremely delicious and light. In Scotland and England, this dish represents a favorite staple during winter months, it being usually served as a main course or as an aperitif. The main ingredient of this dish are mushrooms, notably wild mushrooms. Other ingredients of the soup include onions, garlic, bay leaf, parsley, thyme and chicken broth.
The preparation of this dish consists in first frying the mushrooms, onions, garlic, bay leaf, parsley and thyme in butter or olive oil, after what boil them in chicken broth. When almost ready, the Mushroom soup is blended and some other ingredients, such as cream, sherry, lemon zest or truffle oil are added in order to increase the flavor. The soup is usually served hot, together with some fresh white bread.
 Photo Gallery
To add a photo, please follow this submit form.
 Featured Recipes
- Br. Paul's Recipe for Cream of Mushroom Soup | Franciscan Mission Service
- Advent giveaway: my mushroom soup recipe | Lyn Marven
- Cream of Mushroom Soup | soyamilkmakers.com
- McMurray’s Mean Mushroom Soup | Sylvania Advantage
- Vegetarian Recipe: Green Pea and Mushroom Soup | Vege Angel
- SIMPLE MUSHROOM WITH CAPSICUM SOUP - STEP BY STEP | Veggies Paradise
Homemade Mushroom Soup, www.cookuk.co.uk
Mushroom Soup, www.epicurious.com
the real mushroom soup, www.jamieoliver.com