Traditional Oviedo Food
Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Oviedo is complete without tasting the traditional Oviedo food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Oviedo to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Bollo preñao: buns stuffed with traditional Chorizo sausages.
- Cabrales: cheese made from pure, unpasteurised cow’s milk or blended in the traditional manner with goat and/or sheep milk.
- Chorizo a la sidra: sliced Chorizos cooked with apple cider.
- Sea urchin omelette: omelette made of eggs and sea urchin caviar and meat.
- Callos: a traditional Spanish stew, originating from Asturias.
- Fabada: stew made of white beans, pork or bacon, black pudding, chorizos and saffron.
- Fabes con almejas: stew of clams, fava beans, white wine, onions, garlic, salt, saffron, bay leaves, olive oil, parsley, bread crumbs and sweet paprika.
- Frijoles Borrachos (Drunken beans): stew containing Pinto beans, bacon, jalapeños or serrano chili peppers, tomatoes and beer.
- Lettuce, Tomato & Onion: onions, lettuce, tomatoes, tuna fish, marinated olives, boiled eggs, white asparagus and carrots.
- Octopus salad: boiled octopus tentacles, sweet kernel corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, artichokes, green olives, onions, green and red peppers, celery.
- Asturian Oxtail: oxtail, onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, bay leafs, thyme, spices.
- Cachopo: big sandwich made of steak, asparagus, ham and cheese.
- Caldereta: stew implying beef, goat or lamb meat, liver spread, tomatoes, garlic, chili and bell peppers, cheese and broth.
- Carne Gobernada: beef with white sauce (beef stock, onions, tomatoes, garlic, white wine and brandy).
- Garbanzos con bacalao y espinacas: rich stew made of chickpeas, spinach, cod, onions, tomatoes, garlic, bay leafs, and flour.
- Merluza a la Sidra (Hake in Cider): hake fish fillets with shallots, garlic, parsley, cream, butter, potatoes and dry cider.
- Octopus with Potatoes: thick stew made of octopus tentacles, potatoes, red peppers, tomatoes, onions, garlic and paprika.
- Pitu de caleya: farmhold chicken cooked with leeks, onions, carrots, garlic, peppers, brandy or cognac and white wine.
- Pote d'Antroxu: stew of farmhouse beans, salted pork, pig's ribs, ears, tails, morzillas, chorizo sausages, potatoes, onions and cabbage.
- Roast lamb with potatoes: roasted lamb with potatoes, onions, garlic cloves, lemon juice and white wine.
- Salmón a la Ribereña: fresh salmon, diced ham, lemon juice, cider, butter, fish stock, flour and salt.
- Scorpionfish Terrine: terrine implying scorpion fish, french bread, eggs, milk, butter, crème fraîche, salt and pepper.
- Solomillo: sirloin steak marinated in a multitude of condiments and grilled on both sides.
- Tuna stew: stew of tuna fillets, chile anchos, choricero or piquillo peppers, russet potatoes, onions, garlic, green bell peppers and tomato puree.
- Arroz con leche: hot pudding made of rice and milk.
- Brazo de gitano: roll filled with sweet whipped cream, egg custard or jam.
- Carbayones de Oviedo: sweet cream puffs made of flour, butter, water and salt and filled with almonds, eggs, lemon zest, sugar and cognac.
- Casadielles: dough dumplings filled with walnuts, hazelnuts, sugar, cinnamon, eggs, water and cognac.
- Frixuelos: Spanish crepes made of eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Hazelnut biscuits: sweet flatbreads made of flour, butter, lard, cinnamon, sugar and chopped hazelnuts.
- Marzipan: dessert consisting of sugar and almond meal, flavored with rosewater, covered with sugar or dipped in chocolate.
- Moscovitas: biscuits made of cream, sugar, pastry flour, egg whites, orange zest, butter, vanilla extract and almonds.
- Picatostes: slices of fried bread sweetened with granules of refined sugar.
- Tarta de Manzana (Apple Tart): tart with apples, flour, water, butter and eggs.
- Tarta de queso: dessert consisting of a topping made of soft, fresh cheese on a base made from biscuit, pastry or sponge.
- Tocinillo de cielo: dessert made of egg yolks, sugar, water, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Sandwich Asturiano: thick white sandwich bread, eggs, conserved white asparagus, lettuce, chicken breast, cocktail (pink) sauce.
- Blackberry liquer: liquor made of blackberries, water, sugar and vodka.
- Sidra: fermented beverage made from apple juice.
Suggest new dish
<WikiThreadList forumid=84 />