Traditional Phnom Penh Food
Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Phnom Penh is complete without tasting the traditional Phnom Penh food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Phnom Penh to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Boiled Cashews: boiled raw cashew nuts.
- Fried Wontons: a type of fried dumpling.
- Wok Fried Tiger Prawns: tiger prawns fried in a special pot.
- Banana Blossom Salad: a salad made with banana blossoms and chicken or other ingredients.
- Jroak sway (ជ្រក់ស្វាយ): unripe julienned mango salad flavored with fish sauce and peppers.
- Kampot Rice Noodle Salad: salad made up of rice noodles, carrot, cucumber, bean sprouts, shrimps.
- Kralan (ក្រឡាន): a kind of cake made of steamed rice mixed with beans or peas, grated coconut and coconut milk.
- Pleah (ភ្លា): beef salad with beef tripe, flavored with prahok.
- Pomelo Salad: salad made from pomelo, garlic, onion, lemon-grass, coriander and roasted peanuts.
- Sophi's Salad: a salad consisting of canned black beans, chick peas, cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, etc.
- Amok trey: steamed curried fish.
- Babar (បបរ): a kind of rice porridge, made with pork or chicken in Cambodia.
- Bai cha (បាយឆា): a variation of fried rice.
- Ban hoaw (បាញ់ហយ): steamed rice vermicelli noodles with mint, crushed peanuts, pickled vegetables, and deep fried egg rolls.
- Cambodian red curry: paste, made from chilies, onion, garlic, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.
- Caw (ខ ឬសម្លខ): pork and egg stew.
- Cha knyey (ឆាខ្ញី): spicy dish of meat that is stir fried.
- Chhar Meesour: fried vermicelli/noodles.
- Lok Lak (ឡុកឡាក់): a dish made from beef.
- Mee Katang (មីកាតាំង): wide rice noodles in an oyster sauce.
- Saik Moan Char Trob: stir fried chicken and eggplant.
- Samlor kari (សម្លការី): spicy coconut chicken curry.
- Yao hon or yaohon (យ៉ៅហ៊ន): Cambodian-style hot pot.
- Ansom Chek (អន្សមចេក): cylindrical rice cake wrapped in banana leaves and filled with bananas.
- Ansom chrook (សន្សមជ្រូក): the same as Ansom Chek but not sweet
- CheK Chien: fried banana nuggets.
- Oranges in Syrup: sliced oranges in syrup.
- Sankya lapov: pumpkin and coconut custard dessert.
- Baguette: a long thin loaf of French bread.
- Bok l'hong (បុកល្ហុង): papaya salad.
- Shrimp Pancake: pancakes made with shrimps that are added to the batter.
- Banh Chiao (ព៉ាញ់ឆៅ): savoury pancakes with slivers of fatty pork, shrimp, and bean sprouts.
- Saik Moan Ang: grilled chicken meat with the lime and pepper sauce.
- Tirk Salouk Swai: Cambodian Mango Salsa.
- Tirk umpel: Khmer ethic tamarind sauce.
- Sugarcane Juice: juice extracted from pressed sugarcane.
Suggest new dish
<WikiThreadList forumid=86 />