The Provençal ratatouille is a vegetable stew originating from Nice. It usually contains tomato, eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, garlic, basil, thyme, parsley and olive oil. There are two primary ways in which ratatouille is prepared, the quicker way, where everything is cooked together at the same time, resulting in a more amorphous dish. The other is cooking the individual vegetables separately and mixing them at the end, usually resulting in a more crisp dish with more individual flavors.
The ratatouille is served cold as a side dish or hot as a main course with a side.
To add a photo, please follow this submit form.
- Ratatouille @ mycookinghut: No, it’s not the latest Pixar animation I am referring to. I am talking about this classic French dish from the Provence.
- Ratatouille @ ang sarap: I guess Ratatouille became really popular because of the animated movie by Pixar, but do you know what this dish actually is? For those who does not know it is a vegetable stew that originated in Nice, France.
- Ratatouille Provençale @ Tomayto Tomaaahto
- Ratatouille, Mes Amis! @ the best of this life
- Ratatouille Pizza | The Healthy Foodie
- ratatouille @ Sandwicherie (photo recipe)
- remy would be proud @ I Should Cocoa!:Ratatouille. Yes, I loved the movie, too. However, the dish delights me because it’s like soul food for vegetarians.
- Ratatouille | A Byte of Life
- Clearly Delicious » Ratatouille
Ratatouille Recipe, www.beyond.fr