Ravioli are a type of filled pasta composed of a filling sealed between two layers of thin pasta dough.
There are many varieties of fillings but the traditional recipe, and the most popular one in Argentina, is the filling made with mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Another distinctive feature that can be mentioned about this dish is that Ravioli are small in size. In order to give them this shape, a ravioli pin (special ravioli cutter that is present in every Argentinian kitchen) is used.
Usually ravioli are served with tomato sauce or cream sauce.
Ravioli are very popular in Italy, Spain, the French region of Provence and several Latin American countries. Variations of this dish include the German Maultaschen, Russian Vareniki and Chinese Jiaozi or Wonton.
 Photo Gallery
To add a photo, please follow this submit form.
 Featured Recipes
- Chicken & Ravioli Carbonara | Mandy's Recipe Box
- Recipe: Vegan Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage “Butter” Sauce | Gamerwife
- Heart-Shaped Four Cheese Ravioli in Amatriciana
- Two Recipes: Ravioli with Pea Pesto Filling
- Clearly Delicious » Crawfish Etouffé Ravioli
Homemade Ravioli-Raviolis Caseros, www.fromargentinawithlove.typepad.com
Ravioli Recipe, www.raviolirecipe.net