A Sausage Roll is a type of savoury convenience food commonly served at parties and available from bakeries and milk bars as a take-away food item. Originating from the United Kingdom, it is also very popular in the Republic of Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and the Netherlands.
The basic composition of a sausage roll is generally a sheet or sheets of puff pastry sliced into two, wrapped into tubes around sausage meat and brushed with egg or milk before being baked. They can be served either hot or cold.
Some variations on the basic recipe include chopped vegetables, such as carrots, onions, or courgettes; other seasonings such as herbs and spices; and the use of split sausages. Sausage rolls may be served and sold in various lengths from 1 or 2 inch (2.5 or 5 centimetre) so called "party" or "cocktail" sausage rolls, up to 6 or 7 inch (15 to 18 centimetre) "jumbo" sausage rolls.
To add a photo, please follow this submit form.
- Home Made Sausage Rolls | My Jewelry Box
- Gourmet Sausage Rolls in 25 Minutes – Recipe | Space Wildschwein
- Sausage Rolls | Appetite Affliction
- Sausage Rolls (Ayin) | MamaFaMi's Spice n Splendor
- Irish Sausage Rolls | Irish American Mom
- Sausage Rolls | Manu's Menu
- Jubilee sausage rolls | Grannynet
- Sixth Lens: Sausage Roll w/ Recipe
Sausage roll, www.wikipedia.org
sausage rolls, www.jamieoliver.com
Mini sausage rolls, www.bbcgoodfood.com