Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Suva is complete without tasting the local food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Suva to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Artichoke Risotto: artichoke hearts, chicken broth, dry white wine, shallots, onion, garlic, oregano, parsley, olive oil, Arboriorice, Parmesan cheese.
- Coconut Chutney: grated coconut, cilantro, lemon juice, ginger, green chile, salt.
- Fijian Raita: cucumber, carrot, red bell pepper, garlic cloves, green chile, cumin, salt and sour cream or yoghurt.
- Kassaua: tapioca cooked in coconut cream with sugar and mashed bananas.
- Miti: coconut cream, onions, chillies, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pancakes Fijian-style: flour, mashed pumpkin and pawpaw, egg, sugar, butter.
- Coconut Fish Soup: fish heads & carcasses, onion, chili, water, coconut cream, lemon juice.
- Chicken and Pumpkin soup: pumpkin tips, pumpkin fruit, onions, green pepper, coconut cream, chicken, tomatoes, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper, cooking oil.
- Green Pawpaw and Fish Soup: fish, green pawpaw, soy sauce, coconut cream, salt, water.
- Spiced Dhal Soup: dry lentils, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, vegetable stock, garlic, onions, dried chiles, carrots, celery, turmeric, curry powder, soy sauce.
- Fijian Broccoli Salad: broccoli, oil, bacon, red onion, raisins.
- Fijian Cabbage salad: Chinese cabbage, onion, parsley, Miti dressing, lolo, lemon juice, chilli, salt.
- Fijian Green Mango Salad: green mangoes, coconut cream, lemon juice or vinegar, onion, salt and pepper.
- Fijian Macaroni Salad: macaroni, hard boiled eggs, celery, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, tomatoes, Tuna fish, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Layered Fruit and Shrimp Salad: fruits, shrimp, crayfish tails, yogurt, pecans.
- Lime Salad: lime Jello, cottage cheese, pine apple, Cool Whip.
- Three-tomato Salad: tomatoes, plum-tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, chives, orange juice, lime, honey, salt, pepper.
- Chicken Fricassee: chicken wings, beef gravy, bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, sugar, black pepper.
- Citrus Baked Fish: lemon, mandarin or orange, coconut cream, black pepper and salt.
- Crabmeat Au Gratin: crab meat, butter, flour, milk, onions, grated cheese, salt and pepper, hot sauce.
- Ginger fish: firm white fish, lemon, vegetable oil, soy sauce, corn oil, white wine, garlic cloves, ginger root, sugar, parsley, coriander.
- Grilled Redfish: fillets of fish, garlic cloves, lemon peel, olive oil, basil, capers, salt and pepper.
- Kokoda: fish, lime juice, onions, chillies, shallots, grated carrots, tomatoes, coconut cream.
- Lovo: a dish made with coconut husks, banana leaves, meat, fish, vegetables.
- Oysters Bienville Fijian-style: shrimp, oysters, flour, garlic cloves, mushrooms, onion juice, butter or margarine, Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan cheese.
- Palusami: dalo leaves stuffed with corned beef, onions, tomatoes, coconut milk.
- Rourou: a dish made from taro leaves.
- Taro and Meat: meat (mutton, chicken, beef, pork), cooking oil, soy sauce, taro, onions, salt.
- Trout Almandine: trout fillets, butter, flour, lemon juice, parsley, red pepper, almonds, salt.
- Apple-Pineapple Salad: apples, pineapple, Cool Whip, sugar, nuts.
- Banana Scones: flour, salt, baking powder, mashed banana, sugar, egg, milk.
- Coffee Can Cakes: water, coffee granules, raisins, baking soda, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, flour, walnuts.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: cream cheese, margarine, vanilla, powdered sugar.
- Dump Salad: mandarin oranges, pineapple, Cool Whip, cottage cheese, Jello.
- Fijian Honey Cake: flour, sugar, sour cream, honey, eggs, vegetable oil, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, almonds.
- Fijian-style Fruit Pizza: apple butter, kiwi fruit, strawberries, apple or pear,cinnamon, pita.
- Fried Apple Tarts: pastry filled with apples.
- Pecan Meringue Kisses: egg white, pecans, salt and brown sugar.
- Poached Pears: pears, red-hot cinnamon candies, apple cider.
- Cassava Balls: grated cassava, onion, herbs, egg, cooking oil.
- Chicken Lasagna: a wide, flat pasta with chicken.
- Eggplant Lasagna: a wide, flat pasta made with vegetables.
- Potato-curry roti: a type of bread served with potato-curry.
- Roast corn: it can be roasted either over an open fire, in the oven or on grill.
Suggest new dish
<WikiThreadList forumid=168 />