Traditional Tehran Food
Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Tehran is complete without tasting the traditional Tehran food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Tehran to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Barbari bread: bread flour, water, dry yeast, salt, cornmeal or whole wheat flour.
- Lavash: flour, water and salt.
- Paneer: fresh milk, food acid.
- Sangak: dry yeast, water, whole wheat flour, salt, cooking and peanut oil.
- Ash-e anār: pomegranate juice and seeds, yellow split peas, ground beef or lamb, mint leaves, spices, spinach.
- Persian New Year's Soup (Ash-e-reshteh): with beans, noodles, and herbs.
- Salad-e Shirazi: cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, mint.
- Torshi-e Gol-e Kalam: pickled cauliflower, garlic, mint.
- Torshi-e Makhloot: eggplants, cucumbers, carrots, cauliflower, green beans, potatoes, onions, herbs and spices.
- Abgoosht stew: lamb, chickpeas, white beans, onion, potatoes, and tomatoes, turmeric, dried lime.
- Dolmeh Baadenjaan: eggplants, ground lamb or beef, rice, onions, garlic, herbs, spices.
- Eslaamboli Polow: rice, ground meat and tomato paste
- Ghormeh Sabzi: exquisite dish made with various herbs, meat, red beans.
- Morasah-Polo: rice, chicken, sugar, raisins, barberries, almonds, pistachios, orange peel, saffron.
- Tehran Peppers Casserole: green peppers, ground beef, onions, oil,tomatoes, rice, breadcrumbs.
- Akbar Mashdi Ice cream: ice cream, cream, rosewater, saffron.
- Halva: fried wheat flour, sugar, saffron and rosewater.
- Noghl: sugar, almonds.
- Pashmak: Persian candy floss.
- Rangeenak: wheat flour, sugar, dates, walnuts, pistachios, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Sandwich: bread, meat (chicken, lamb, beef), seasonings, mayonnaise.
- Boiled beets: beets, seasonings.
- Chelo kebab: Persian rice, kabab.
- Falafel: chickpeas or fava beans, seasonings.
- Fava beans: fava beans, seasonings.
- Mexican corn cup: corn, seasonings.
- Noodles soup: noodles, vegetables and herbs.
- Aab Anaar (Pomegranate juice): fresh pomegranates.
- Aab-e Havij: fresh carrots.
- Aab Talebi (Cantaloupe Juice): fresh cantaloupe.
- Chocolate Milkshake: milk shake, chocolate powder.
- Doogh: yogurt, water.
- Honeydew Melon drink: fresh honeydew melon.
- Sekanjebin: mint, syrop.
- Sharbat: rose, sandalwood, bael, gurhal, lemon, orange, pineapple, falsa.
- Sheer Moz (Banana milk shake): milk, banana.
- Tea: tea leaves.
Suggest new dish
<WikiThreadList forumid=99 />