Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Ulan Bator is complete without tasting the local food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Ulan Bator to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Aaruul: curdled milk, dehydrated and completely dried in the air or sun.
- Borts: dried meat ground to powder.
- Byaslag: cheese.
- Mongolian Fried Peanuts: raw, red-skinned peanuts, Szechwan brown peppercorns, star anise, water, fresh corn or peanut oil.
- Urum: clotted cream.
- Banshtai Shul: broth, dumplings, vegetables.
- Bantan: flour, water, meat, salt, spices, spring onions.
- Guriltai Shol: meat (beef or mutton), noodles, onion, pepper.
- Puree Mongol Soup: split peas, tomatoes or tomato juice , broth, root vegetables, salt, pepper.
- Carrot Salad: carrots, raisins, salt, vinegar.
- Mongolian Bean Salad: green beans, condiments.
- Mongolian Cabbage Salad: cabbage, salt, vinegar.
- Mongolian Noodle Salad: vegetables, toasted noodles, condiments.
- Bansh: flour, water, minced meat, onion, garlic, salt, pepper.
- Boodog: marmot, onions, salt.
- Budaatai Khuurga: rice, vegetables, meat.
- Chanasan Makh: boiled meat and boiled innards.
- Finger Mutton: mutton, seasonings.
- Grilled carcass: roasted whole mutton or lamb carcass.
- Khorkhog: lamb, onions, salt, pepper, water. Sometimes one or several of the following may be added: carrots, cabbage, potatoes and spices.
- Tasalsan Guril: flour, water, oil.
- Tsuivan: vegetables, meat, fresh or fried noodles.
- Boortsog: flour, butter, water, sugar, salt.
- Gambir: flour, water, sugar, oil or butter.
- Ul Boov: water, butter, sugar, salt.
- Beef Teriyaki: boneless beef sirloin steak, rice, cornstarch, soy sauce, garlic powder, sugar, broccoli.
- Buuz: dumpling filled with minced mutton, or beef meat, onion or garlic, sprouted fennel seeds, seasonal herbs, mashed potato, cabbage or rice.
- Khuushuur: for the dough: flour, salt and water; for the filling: minced mutton and beef, salt, onion, garlic, water.
- Banshtai Tsai: rice tea with Bansh.
- Shuutei tsai: water, milk, green tea, salt.
- Tarag: kefir, yoghurt.
Suggest new dish
<WikiThreadList forumid=5 />