Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Valencia is complete without tasting the local food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Valencia to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Gaspatxo (Gazpacho): stale bread, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, garlic, olive oil, wine vinegar and salt. sometimes onion is added.
- Esqueixada (esgarrat, espencat or pericana): desalted and torn dried and salted cod mixed with vegetables, such as tomatoes, onions, and sometimes pepper, dressed with olive oil. Olives are usually added, occasionally other ingredients, such as hard-boiled eggs.
 Main courses
- Arròs amb costra: baked rice with egg topping.
- Arròs negre (Arroz negro): a dish made with cuttlefish (or squid) and rice, somewhat similar to seafood paella.
- Arroz a banda: rice cooked in fish stock.
- Arroz al horno: oven-baked rice.
- All i pebre: eel and potato stew.
- Allioli (Alioli): garlic and olive oil. Sometimes egg is also added.
- Bollit: vegetable stew.
- Carn empanada (Escalope a la milanesa): veal, beef, chicken.
- Embotits (Embutido): it generally contains hashed meat, generally pork, seasoned with aromatic herbs or spices.
- Fideuà (Fideuada): is usually made with white-fleshed fish and crustaceans, thick noodles, garlic, tomatoes and other condiments.
- Olla (putxero or perolada): vegetables (potato, carrot, artichoke, beans, kidney beans etc.) and meat.
- Paella: white rice, green vegetables, meat (rabbit, chicken, duck), land snails, beans and seasoning.
- Pato a la naranja: duck with orange sauce.
- Sobrassada, tàrbena (Sobrasada): ground pork, paprika, salt and other spices.
- Suquet de peix: seafood stew.
- Arnadi: baked pumpkin dessert.
- Bunyols (Buñuelos): wheat-based yeast dough, often flavored with anise with a sweet topping, may have a variety of fillings.
- Coca: with sweet dough: eggs and sugar topped or filled with fruit, nuts; with savory dough: yeast and salt topped or filled with fish, vegetables, cheese and meat.
- Pastissets: are small stuffed fried cakes in the Catalan Countries.
- Torró (Turrón): honey, sugar, and egg white, with toasted almonds or other nuts.
 Fast food
 Street food
 Drinks (Non-alcoholic)
- Horchata: ground almonds, sesame seeds, rice, barley, or tigernuts (xufes, ESP:chufas).
 Drinks (Alcoholic)
- Agua de Valencia: cocktail made from vodka, gin, champagne and fresh orange juice.