Bangers and Mash
Bangers and mash, also known as sausages and mash, is a traditional English dish made of mashed potatoes and sausages, the latter of which may be one of a variety of flavoured sausage made of pork or beef or a Cumberland sausage.
The dish is sometimes served with a rich onion gravy. It can also often be found served with fried onions.
This dish may, even when cooked at home, be thought of as an example of pub grub — relatively quick and easy to make in large quantities as well as being tasty and satisfying. More up-market varieties, with exotic sausages and mashes, are sold in gastropubs, as well as less exotic alternatives being available in regular public houses.
Along with jellied eels and pie and mash, the dish has particular iconic significance as traditional British working-class dishes. Similarly, in the north, black pudding and leeks have a similar reputation.
This dish is also a favorite in Australia.
To add a photo, please follow this submit form.
- St. Patrick’s Day – Bangers & Mash with a Scotch Ale Onion Gravy « 5iveDollarFeasts
- Bangers & Mustard Mash | aTaleof2Kitchens
- Bangers and Mash | cHow Divine…
- Bangers & Mash with Onion Gravy and Mushy Peas | The Carnivore and the Vegetarian
- Bangers and Mustard Mash with Red Onion Gravy | Brenda's Canadian Kitchen
- Best Bangers and Mash Recipe | Terry Orreal's Meats
- anniebakes » Bangers & Mash
- Bangers and “Mash” (Colcannon) « The Domestic Man
- Bangers and Mash — Domestic Diva Unleashed
- Bangers & Mash « Just the Tip
Bangers and Mash, en.wikipedia.org
Bangers and Mash - Sausage and Mash Recipe, britishfood.about.com
Bangers and Mash, cooking4chumps.com