Bruschetta is an appetizer from central Italy whose origin dates to at least the 15th century. It consists of roasted bread rubbed with garlic and topped with extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Variations may include toppings of spicy red pepper, tomato, vegetables, beans, cured meat, and/or cheese; the most popular recipe outside of Italy involves basil, fresh tomato, garlic and onion or mozzarella. Bruschetta is usually served as a snack or appetizer. In Italy, Bruschetta is often prepared using a brustolina grill. In the Abruzzo region of Italy a variation of bruschetta made with a salami called ventricina is served. Raw pork products and spices encased in pig vesicles are aged and the paste spread on open slices of bread which are sometimes grilled. This was a way of salvaging bread that was going stale.
Bruschetta is a meeting point between Northern and Southern Italy: it requires Tuscan (Toscano) bread, a kind of saltless bread originating in Tuscania, Italy, usually coming in blocks. It is served warm with diced tomatoes and arugula.
To add a photo, please follow this submit form.
- Bruschetta @ Winner Dinners: I have a Bruschetta recipe for you today, and I have to say that it has an absolutely wonderful flavor. The cherub tomatoes and fresh herbs give it a just-picked-from-the-garden taste.
- White bean bruschetta @ Chevrons & Eclairs:
- Bruschetta @ Gastrofork:
- ITALIAN BRUSCHETTA ~ WITH FRESH HERBS AND TOMATOES @ The French Hutch
- White Bean and Veggie Bruschetta @ The Picky Eater: when you really don’t want to cook a huge meal or go grocery shopping, and want something quick and healthy that you can make with items from your fridge/pantry.
- Italian Chicken Bruschetta Pasta @ The Willing Cook
- Bruschetta with ricotta, grilled eggplant and fresh mint @ food & style
- Italian Antipasto: Tomato and Basil Bruschetta with Walnut Pesto @ Chattering Kitchen
- Bruschetta Recipe @ Quick Free Recipes
- Bruschetta... or not! | The Healthy Foodie
- Tomato Bruschetta Recipe @ Recipedose
- Antipasti Bruschetta & Pesto Salad Dressing @ fuss free flavours
- Bruschetta, or Let’s Face It, Italian Chips and Salsa @ Put it in your face
- Recipe: Goat Cheese, Sun-dried Tomato and Caramelized Onion Bruschetta @ Liscio's Bakery Blog
- Spinach and Red Pepper Bruschetta « Liscio's Bakery Blog
- Tomato Bruschetta @ Olives-n-Okra
- How To Be Fabulous.: Recipe: Awesome Babbo Chickpea Bruschetta
- Bossy Italian Wife: Quick Fixes: Bruschetta
- Clearly Delicious » Red & Yellow Bruschetta
- Clearly Delicious » Strawberry Brie Bruschetta with Almonds
Basil and Tomato Bruschetta, www.classico.com