Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding constitutes a savory main course often served throughout the restaurants of Vancouver.
The main ingredients used for the preparation of this quintessential British course include: beef top sirloin roast, eggs, shallot, beef stock, flour, milk, red wine, olive oil, garlic and seasonings such as pepper, thyme, and rosemary which increase the flavor of the dish and give it a special taste.
The beef is seasoned with salt and pepper, mixed with oil, thyme, rosemary, and garlic, then rubbed with herb mixture, after what placed in the refrigerator for about 8 hours. It is then roasted over medium heat until it gets tender and brown in color.
Yorkshire pudding, also known as 'pockets', is a dish that originated in Yorkshire, England. It is cooked by pouring a thin batter made from flour, eggs, and milk into a preheated and oiled baking pan. The Yorkshire pudding is a staple of the British Sunday lunch and in some cases is eaten as a separate course prior to the main meat dish. This was the traditional method of eating the pudding and is still common in parts of Yorkshire today. Because the rich gravy from the roast meat drippings was used up with the first course, the main meat and vegetable course was often served with a parsley or white sauce.
The beef is sliced into thin pieces and served along with the gravy. It may sometimes be garnished with chopped parsley.
To add a photo, please follow this submit form.
- The easiest and best Yorkshire Pudding recipe ever!! @ Andys Kitchen Food Blog
- Yorkshire Pudding Recipe, Cherry Clafouti and a book review | sudden lunch!
- Roasted Vegetables And Yorkshire Pudding @ Fish and Vegetarian Recipes
- Yorkshire Pudding - A Classic British Side For Roast Beef | Irish American Mom
- Yorkshire pudding - light as a feather and sooo delicious... | Anula's Kitchen
- Traditional Yorkshire Pudding | The Recipe Blog
- gastrobuddy: Recipe: Yorkshire pudding
- Yorkshire Pudding Recipe | Dhruv Baker | Gourmet Guys
- Yorkshire Pudding Recipe | A Cook on the Funny Side
Yorkshire pudding, en.wikipedia.org
Cookbook:Yorkshire Pudding, en.wikibooks.org
Yorkshire Pudding, www.deliaonline.com
Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding, www.saveur.com