Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) is complete without tasting the local food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Bánh căn: small pancakes made with quail eggs.
- Bánh khoai môn: taro cake.
- Bánh khọt: small, fried rice flour pancakes.
- Bánh tét: log-shaped cylindrical glutinous rice cake, wrapped in a banana leaf and filled with a meat or vegetarian filling.
- Bánh tôm: shrimp patties.
- Bánh trung thu: mooncakes with fillings, such as roasted chicken, pork, shark fin, mung beans, coconut or durian.
- Bo la lot: grilled leaf-wrapped beef rolls.
- Chả lua: sausage.
- Chả giò: minced pork roll.
- Cha gio ca: fish spring rolls.
- Chaïo toâm, (Chao Tom): grilled shrimp on sugarcane.
- Crab spring rolls: crabmeat, shrimp, ground pork, spring roll wrappers, spices and other ingredients.
- Dồi huyết: sausage.
- Bánh canh: thick noodles.
- Bún riêu: a meat rice vermicelli soup.
- Canh ca trung: tomato soup with eggs.
- Canh chua ca loc: sour snake head fish soup with vegetable.
- Canh chua ca voi rau: sour fish soup with vegetable.
- Canh ngheu: sour clam soup.
- Hủ tiếu Nam Vang: a noodle soup.
- Pho Tai: beef and noodle soup.
- Bo Tai Chanh: beef salad.
- Ga Bop: hue chicken salad.
- Gỏi đu đủ: papaya salad.
- Goi kho bo: green papaya with shredded dried beef.
- Gỏi ngó sen: lotus stem salad, with shrimp and pork or chicken.
- Bánh lá: rice stuffed with some fillings and wrapped in a leaf or leaves.
- Bánh phở: rice noodles.
- Bánh tráng: rice paper.
- Bánh xèo: rice flour pancakes.
- Bún thịt nướng: rice vermicelli mixed with fresh vegetables and topped with hot barbecued pork.
- Cellophane noodles (bún tàu or bún tào): noodles.
- Cháo: rice porridge.
- Cơm tấm: warm broken rice served with a slab of grilled pork chop marinated in sugar and fish sauce.
- Ga kho gung: braised chicken with ginger.
- Ga xao xa ot: braised chicken with curry powder and lemongrass.
- Kho: a beef and vegetable stew.
- Thai hotpot (lẩu Thái): shrimp, oysters, squid, beef, mushrooms, spinach, and other vegetables.
- Thit kho to: caramel pork in clay pot.
- Tiết canh: a dish of blood and cooked meat.
- Thit Bo Cuon La Luop: beef in grape leaves.
- Bánh bò: "cow cake," made from glutinous rice flour and coconut milk.
- Bánh chuối: banana cake.
- Bánh da lợn: colored steamed layer cake made from tapioca starch, rice flour, coconut milk and/or water, sugar, and other ingredients.
- Bánh đúc: a dessert made from non-glutinous rice flour.
- Bánh khoai mì: sweet cassava cake.
- Bánh phu thê: husband and wife cakes made of rice or tapioca flour and gelatin.
- Bánh rán: deep-fried glutinous rice sesame balls filled with sweetened mung bean paste.
- Bánh tiêu: hollow doughnuts.
- Chè: sweet dessert soup or pudding.
- Che chuoi: saute banana soup in coconut milk.
- Che dau trang nuoc dua: sweet white bean soup with coconut milk.
- Che dau xanh: sweet green bean soup.
- Chè xôi nước: balls made from mung bean paste wrapped in a shell made of glutinous rice flour.
- Cơm rượu: dessert made from glutinous rice.
- Mango Sticky Rice (Xôi xoài): sweet rice, mangoes, brown sugar, coconut milk, vanilla and other ingredients.
- Quẩy: doughnut.
- Sâm bổ lượng: a cold soup made with Job's tears, dried longans, red jujubes, lotus seeds, and thinly sliced seaweed, with water, sugar, and crushed ice.
- Tào phớ: tofu pudding.
- Banh Mi: sandwich.
- Bánh rế: deep-fried pancake.
- Món cuốn: roll which includes a variety of ingredients rolled in rice paper.
- Bánh Bột Chiên: fried cakes.
- Banh tom ho tay: sweet potato and shrimp fritters
- Cơm nắm: rice dish shaped into a cylinder.
- Gỏi cuốn: rice paper rolls that often include shrimp, herbs, pork, rice vermicelli and other ingredients.
- Trứng vịt lộn (Hột vịt lộn): fertilized duck (or chicken) egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell.
- Cà phê sữa đá: iced coffee with milk.
- Chanh muối: salty limeade.
- Soda sữa hột gà: iced soda with eggs, sugar and milk.
- Sữa đậu nành (Soy milk): beverage made from soybeans.
- Rượu rắn (Snake wine): an alcoholic beverage produced by infusing whole snakes in rice wine or grain alcohol.
- Rượu thuốc: medicinal liquor.
Suggest new dish
<WikiThreadList forumid=56 />