Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Kiev is complete without tasting the local food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Kiev to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Blutwurst: a type of sausage made by cooking blood or dried blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled.
- Nalysnyky: Ukrainian Crepes
- Pampushki: Ukrainian small buns.
- Pirozhki: individual-sized baked or fried buns stuffed with a variety of fillings.
- Salo: cured slabs of fatback (rarely pork belly), with or without skin.
- Stuffed Eggs: boiled eggs with different fillings.
- Stuffed Tomatoes: fresh or baked tomatoes with different fillings.
- Borsch: cabbage, beet, tomatoes, lard, garlic and parsley.
- Kapusniak: pork, salo (pork fat), sauerkraut, sour cream, chicken broth, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, tomatoes, dill (chopped up), spices
- Okroshka: raw vegetables (like cucumbers and spring onions), boiled potatoes, eggs, meat such as beef, veal, sausages, or ham, kvass, sour cream.
- Rassolnik: carrot, celery, parsley root, onion, potato, veal kidney, butter, flour, dill pickles, sour cream, Salt and pepper, dill
- Solyanka: pickled cucumbers, brine, cabbage, salty mushrooms, sour cream, and dill.
- Ukha: fish, root vegetables, parsley root, leek, potato, bay leaf, lime, dill, green parsley and spiced with black pepper, cinnamon and cloves.
- Yushka: fish (usually carp), butter, onion, white wine, potatoes, dill, parsley, salt and pepper
- Kiev Salad: chicken, eggs, cucumbers, potatoes, pickles and mayonnaise.
- Olivier: potatoes, dill pickles, eggs, ham, onions, canned peas, mayonnaise.
- Shuba: pickled herring and beets.
- Ukrainian Corn Salad: canned sweet corn, crab sticks or crab meat, boiled eggs, mayonnaise, and salt.
- Vinigret: beets, potatoes, carrots, pickled cucumbers, onions, and green beans.
 Main courses
- Bujenina: baked pork.
- Cabbage Rolls: cabbage leaves wrapped around a variety of fillings.
- Chicken Kiev: boneless chicken breast pounded and rolled around cold garlic butter with herbs, then breaded and either fried or baked.
- Goose stuffed with apples: goose stuffed with apples and baked.
- Kasha hrechana zi shkvarkamy: buckwheat cereal with chopped, fried bacon and/or onion.
- Kruchenyky: stuffed pork rolls.
- Pierogi: dumplings stuffed with fillings such as potato and cheese, often served boiled.
- Polyadvitsa: breaded beef.
- Roast Meat in Pot: a hearty and very delicious meat dish.
- Sicheniki: fried minced meat.
- Smazhenina: pork stewed with onions, carrots, parsley, celery.
- Studynets: pigs’ feet, beef shank, carrot, onion, garlic, pepper, celery, salt.
- Varenyky: unleavened dough, stuffed with sauerkraut, cheese, mashed potatoes, cabbage, meat, hard-boiled eggs (a Mennonite tradition).
- Zavyvanets: baked rolled beef.
- Zrazy: chopped beef, stuffed with vegetables, mushrooms, eggs, and potato.
- Babka: sweet yeast cake.
- Baked apples: apples, sugar, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, walnuts.
- Kiev Cake: meringue, buttercream, hazelnuts.
- Kolache: type of pastry consisting of a semi-sweet yeast dough baked with fillings.
- Korovai: traditional Ukrainian bread, most often used at weddings.
- Kutia: sweet grain pudding.
- Paska: traditional Ukrainian Easter bread.
- Syrniki: fried quark cheese pancakes.
- Verhuny: fried in oil sweet cookies, which has the form of oblong stripes.
- Zhele: fruits, gelatin, sugar, water.
 Fast food
- Deruny: grated onion, potatoes, flour, eggs, salt, and black pepper.
- Fish Tolcheniki: fish fillet, flour, salt, oil and pepper.
 Street food
- Baked Potato: the delicious baked potato with different fillings is cooked before customers' eyes.
- Cheburek: deep fried unleavened dough, filled with ground lamb, onions and hot spices.
- Croissant: flour, butter, egg, sugar, salt, dry yeast, milk, water.
 Drinks (Non-alcoholic)
- Compote (kompot): refreshing drink, made of dried of fresh fruits boiled in water with sugar.
- Jivchik: carbonated soft drink with apple juice and Echinacea extract.
- Kissel: sweetened juice, water, arrowroot, cornstarch or potato starch, fruits.
- Kvass: a fermented beverage made from black or regular rye bread.
- Ryazhenka: baked milk.
- Uzvar: dried fruits, water, sugar.
 Drinks (Alcoholic)
- Chernigivske: beer.
- Horilka: strong alcoholic beverage.
- Mead: an alcoholic beverage that is produced by fermenting a solution of honey and water.
- Nalyvka: alcoholic beverage made by maceration of various ingredients in alcohol, including fruits, herbs, spice, sugar or molasses.
- Nastoika: infusion of alcohol on various fruits, spices, aromatic and medicinal herbs.
- Obolon: beer.
- Samohon (moonshine): strong alcoholic beverage.
- Slavutych: beer.
- Varenuha: alcohol, honey, dried fruits and spices.
 Suggest new dishSuggest new dish
Ukraine traditional cuisine, ukrainetrek.com
Ukrainian cuisine, wikipedia.org
Ukrainian cuisine - Traditional dishes, experiencefestival.com