Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Vancouver is complete without tasting the local food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Vancouver to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Bannock: large variety of flat quick breads.
- Beans on Toast: buttered toast, stewed beans.
- Canadian Bacon with Maple Glaze: sliced bacon, baked in maple marinade.
- Cheese Curds: deep-fried cheese.
- Crab Cake: dish composed of crab meat, bread crumbs, milk, mayonnaise, eggs and seasonings.
- Canadian Cheese Soup: melted butter and cheese, chicken broth.
- French onion soup: onion and beef broth or a beef stock based soup traditionally served with croutons and cheese as toppings.
- Three Sisters Soup: hominy, squash and beans.
- Broccoli Salad: broccoli, bacon, vegetables, dressing.
- Caesar salad: salad of romaine lettuce and croutons dressed with parmesan cheese, egg and spices.
- Baked Beans: beans, bacon, onions, molasses.
- Eggs Benedict: dish that consists of two halves of an English muffin, topped with ham or bacon, poached eggs and Hollandaise sauce.
- Fish and Brewis: codfish and hard bread or hard tack.
- Ginger Beef: deep fried strips of beef, coated in a dark sweet sauce.
- Jiggs Dinner: a traditional meal commonly prepared and eaten on Sundays.
- Lumberjack Breakfast: pancakes, fried eggs, bacon, ham and sausages.
- Perogies: dumplings stuffed with potato filling, sauerkraut, ground meat, or fruit.
- Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding: roast beef and gravy.
- Roasted Root Vegetables: roasted vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, onions, turnips and beets.
- Sauteed Winter Greens: sauteed collards, kale, chard and mustard greens.
- Sauteed Fiddleheads: fiddleheads, garlic.
- Apple-Maple Upside-Down Cake: dough, apples, maple syrup.
- Belgian Waffle: type of waffle identified by its larger size and lighter batter.
- Butter Tarts: butter, brown sugar, eggs, pastry shell.
- Canada Day Cake: sponge cake with strawberries and whipped cream.
- Candy Apple: whole apples covered in a hard sugar candy coating.
- Chocolate brownie: a type of dense, rich chocolate cake.
- Date Squares: oatmeal crumb, dates, brown sugar, maple syrup.
- Lemon Tarts: the tarts are filled with the lemon curd-smooth, intensely-flavored spread, made with egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Maple Leaf Cream Cookies: cookie, maple cream.
- Nanaimo Bar: crumb-based and vanilla layers, covered in chocolate
- Sorbet: frozen dessert made from sweetened water flavored with fruit (typically juice or puree), wine, or liqueur.
- Sundae: ice-cream dessert.
- Sweet Corn Pancakes: sweet corn, flour, milk, toppings.
- Panini Sandwich: made from a small roll or loaf of bread, typically a ciabatta or a rosetta.
- Poutine: French fries, cheese curds, brown gravy or sauce.
- BeaverTails: fried dough, various toppings.
- Falafel: ball or patty made from ground chickpeas and/or fava beans.
- Fish and chips: deep-fried fish accompanied by deep-fried chipped potatoes.
- Muffin: a type of bread that is baked in small portions.
- Canadian Pride: maple syrup, grapefruit juice and ginger ale.
- Shirley Temple's: ginger ale, orange juice, grenadine.
- Smoothie: blended, chilled, sweetened beverage made from fresh fruit and in special cases can contain chocolate or peanut butter.
- Bloody Caesar: vodka, Clamato, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco.
Suggest new dish
<WikiThreadList forumid=7 />