Cuisine is an integral part of any local culture, and no trip to Milan is complete without tasting the local food. This directory offers information about the traditional dishes and drinks available in Milan to help visitors better understand the local food culture and make an informed decision when trying them.
- Asparagi alla Milanese: asparagus, eggs, butter, spices.
- Fiori di Zucca fritti: fried stuffed zucchini flowers.
- Gorgonzola: blue cheese, made from unskimmed cow's and/or goat's milk.
- Olive Ascolane: fried olives stuffed with meat.
- Salame Milano: dry salame with pepper and garlic.
- Busecca: Milanese tripe soup.
- Minestrone: a variety of thick Italian soups made with vegetables, often with the addition of pasta or rice.
- Riso e Prezzemolo: rice soup with parsley.
- Riso e Rape: a thick rice and turnip soup, with bacon and Parmesan cheese.
- Supa de Scigol: Milanese onion soup.
- Zuppa alla Pavese: Milan's bouillon soup.
- Bolliti Misti: mixed boiled meats.
- Brasato: beef braised in red wine.
- Cassoeula: a typical winter dish.
- Fritto di Lesso alla Milanese: fried boiled meat, Milanese style.
- Lumache alla Milanese: boiled snails with anchovies, parsley, fennel and white wine.
- Milanesa: veal cutlet.
- Mondeghili: Milanese variant of meatballs.
- Osso Buco: is a Milanese specialty of cross-cut veal shanks braised with vegetables, white wine and broth.
- Piccata Milanese: a Milanese dish made with veal cutlets.
- Rane in Guazzetto: fried frogs, with butter, wine, herbs.
- Risotto alla Milanese: a saffron risotto, often served together with ossobuco alla milanese.
- Risotto con le Rane: made with the ‘meat’ of sautéed frog’s legs.
- Rostin Negàa: veal chops, milk, potatoes, bacon, white wine, spices.
- Stufato alla Milanese: stewed beef.
- Vitello Tonnato: sliced veal covered with a creamy, mayonnaise-like sauce that has been flavored with tuna.
- Biscottini alla Milano: lemon cookies.
- Charlotte alla Milanese: typical Milanese dessert.
- Chiacchiere: carnival fried pastry.
- Colomba di Pasqua: Italian Easter dove bread.
- Michetta: an Italian white bread, recognizable from its hollow, bulged shape.
- Pane dei Morti: dark cookies.
- Panettone: is a type of sweet bread loaf originally from Milan.
- Campari: a Milanesi cocktail icon.
- Negroni: a cocktail made of one part gin, one part sweet vermouth, and one part bitters, traditionally Campari.
- San Colombano: Milan's own modest wine.
Suggest new dish
<WikiThreadList forumid=72 />